What We’ll Do
The first part of the trip starts off in Old Havana, where walking the historic cobblestone streets and visiting El Morro Castle will transport you back into Cuba's colonial past. There you will quickly see why this city was labeled as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982. In Havana, you will visit the Museo de la Revolución and the Plaza de la Revolución, where you will learn about Cuba's revolutionary past. To make this experience even more unforgettable, your visit to the PlazaPlaza de la Revolución and the surrounding areas will be done in an old American Classic car. You'll also visit the colonial fort El Morro and even watch a cannon firing ceremony (el Cañonazo) at La Cabaña Fort in the evening.
After your stay in Havana, we will drive approximately 2.5 hours to Pinar del Rio, the cigar capital of Cuba. In Pinar del Rio, we will visit Viñales, an unforgettable town in the countryside of western Cuba. Your experience in Viñales will be packed full out outdoorsy adventures. First and foremost, we will ride horseback through the valleys of Viñales and learn about the process of cigar cultivation and rolling. This experience is paired with a sampling of local honey, local coffee, and local rum. To end the evening, we will have dinner atop our casa particular with a picturesque view of the mogotes surrounding the valley. For the adventurous types, we offer a 1-hour hike to Los Acuáticos at the top of one of the mogotes. This hike starts before dawn and ends with a breathtaking view of the sunrise as it illuminates the entire Viñales valley. On our last day, we will visit the Cueva del Indio and take a boat ride through an underground river system that flows through a cave. En route back to Havana, we will make one last stop at Soroa Waterfall for a moment of rest and relaxation. Here, you can climb the rocks in and around this waterfall, or simply soak in the view; we will leave that decision up to you.
From Soroa, we will return to Havana, where you can spend the last day of your Cuban experience at your own leisure.
- Planning and logistics
- Excursions and entrance fees in-country that is part of the 7-day experience.
- Transportation in country that is part of the 7-day experience.
- Lodging in-country: Revolution Boutique Hotel or Art Boutique Hotel Havana and in a casa particular (homestay) in Viñales. **Price assumes a shared room (2 persons)**
- Breakfast and dinner while in-country.
- One beverage of choice during breakfast and dinner
- Round trip airplane ticket to Havana (HAV).
- Cuban Tourist Visa
- Lunches while in-country.
- Personal excursions above and beyond the scheduled experiences while in-country.
- Personal transportation above and beyond the scheduled experiences while in-country.
- Beverages (e.g. alcohol, coffee, water, etc.) outside of breakfast and dinner.