What We’ll Do
The first part of the trip starts off in Old Havana, where walking the historic cobblestone streets and visiting El Morro Castle will transport you back into Cuba's colonial past. There you will quickly see why this city was labeled as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982. In Havana, you will visit the Museo de la Revolución and the Plaza de la Revolución, where you will learn about Cuba's revolutionary past. To make this experience even more unforgettable, your visit to the PlazaPlaza de la Revolución and the surrounding areas will be done in an old American classic car. You'll also visit the colonial fort El Morro and even watch a cannon firing ceremony (el Cañonazo) at La Cabaña Fort in the evening.
After your stay in Havana, we will drive approximately 4 hours to the oldest city in Cuba: Trinidad, founded in 1514. There will explore the ingenios (sugar plantations) outside of town and learn about Cuba's historical affinity for sugar. Shifting gears from history to adventure, you'll get to enjoy a Caribbean sunset or two from the pristine and picturesque Playa Ancón. Another unforgettable facet of your Trinidad experience will be hiking the Tope de Collantes Waterfall, a bucket list item for sure. After a 45-minute hike down to the waterfall, you will have the opportunity to swim in the plunge pool and even climb behind the waterfall to explore the caves. For those who prefer to explore some of the museums (i.e. Archeology Museum and the History Museum) in and around the main PlazaPlaza of Trinidad, we can also inquire about times of availability so that you can dive deeper into Cuba's intriguing past.
From Trinidad, we will return to Havana, where you will spend the last day of your Cuban experience as you see fit.
- Planning and logistics.
- Excursions and entrance fees in-country that is part of the 7-day experience.
- Transportation in country that is part of the 7-day experience.
- Lodging in-country: Revolution Boutique Hotel or Art Boutique Hotel Havana and in a casa particular (homestay) in Trinidad. **Price assumes a shared room (2 persons)**
- Breakfast and dinner while in-country.
- One beverage of choice during breakfast and dinner
- Round trip airplane ticket to Havana (HAV).
- Cuban Tourist Visa
- Lunches while in-country.
- Personal excursions above and beyond the scheduled experiences while in-country.
- Personal transportation above and beyond the scheduled experiences while in-country.
- Beverages (e.g. alcohol, coffee, water, etc.) outside of breakfast and dinner.