What We’ll Do
This particular 7-day experience starts out with a walking tour of Granada, where we will visit the La Plaza Colón vía La Calzada, a cobblestone street that runs from La Plaza Colón to Lake Nicaragua. We will explore some of the adjacent shops and cathedrals, learning about the history of the area along the way. With Granada as our home base, we will take a boat ride through the 20,000-year-old volcano islands (Las Isletas) that call Lake Nicaragua their home. This tour takes you in and around some of the 365 islands found in the lake. As an option, we can arrange for dinner at one of the island restaurants, as well. Another unique facet of this experience is the nighttime visit to the Masaya Volcano National Park to peer into the active Volcán Santiago.
To ensure that we quench your thirst for volcanoes, we also include a visit to the Mombacho Volcano Natural Reserve, where you'll hike through a cloud forest along the crater of Volcán Mombacho. You'll have time for some incredible panoramic photos of Granada, Las Isletas, and Lake Nicaragua from atop this 1,344-metre high volcano.
After exploring Granada and the surrounding areas, we will make our way to the Tola Municipality, where you'll enjoy the relaxing vibe of the Emerald Coast beaches. Here you will have the option to rent a surfboard and surf the local breaks, take surf lessons from our highly certified instructors, or if you are an avid surfer, we can connect you with one of our local surf guides on a surf trekking adventure. In order to add to the immersive nature of this part of the trip, we offer ox-cart rides to some of the surrounding local communities. During this time, you will learn how to make local pottery with clay and sand from the river bed, learn how to make corn tortillas from scratch, as well as get a sense of how the rural communities of this area live their day-to-day lives.
- Planning and logistics
- Excursions and entrance fees in-country that is part of the 7-day experience.
- Transportation in-country that is part of the 7-day experience.
- Lodging in-country: Price assumes a shared room (2 persons)
- Breakfast and dinner while in-country.
- One beverage of choice during breakfast and dinner
- Round trip airplane ticket to Managua (MGA).
- $10 USD paid in Nicaraguan Customs upon arrival.
- Lunches while in-country.
- Personal excursions above and beyond the scheduled experiences while in-country.
- Personal transportation above and beyond the scheduled experiences while in-country.
- Beverages (e.g. alcohol, coffee, water, etc.) outside of breakfast and dinner.