What We’ll Do
This particular tour will focus on Ybor City, and will include the following: meeting at the local, well-known craft brewery Coppertail Brewing Co., touring the Florida Cane Distillery, as well as grabbing a drink at another local brewery during the walking tour; visiting King Corona, a local, Cuban-inspired cigar and coffee shop; watching people hand-roll cigars, while sampling/buying local cigars at Tabanero Cigar; visiting the José Martí Park and Vicente Martinez Ybor's Cigar Factory to learn about Cuba's historical connection with Ybor City (founded in 1885), as well as visiting the historic Columbia Restaurant (founded in 1905) en route back to our meeting place (Coppertail Brewing Co). Participants are encouraged to make their own reservations to dine at the Columbia Restaurant at the conclusion of the tour. This trip is for the individual who wants to engage in an authentic and historic Tampa experience.
If you'd like a more individualized experience, we can tailor a more customized tour based on your specific areas of interest. For this, we would need a minimum of 4 participants. Feel free to contact us with any inquires.
What Else You Should Know
Dress appropriately for the Tampa, Florida weather by checking the forecast in advance.
What We’ll Provide
- Craft Beer at Coppertail Brewing Co.
- Drink During Walking Tour: Our featured stop at Florida Cane Distillery includes samples of their amazing spirits (rum, vodka, bourbon, gin, and moonshine).
- Roundtrip transportation from Meeting Point: We'll go as a group from Coppertail Brewing Co. to the José Martí park. I'll provide the transportation to/from Coppertail.
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothes and shoes.
- An umbrella or rain jacket (in the rainy season)
- Extra money for drinks, cigars, or snacks/appetizers
- Extra money for gifts
- Identification (for breweries)